Sorry for not being around lately.
Life is a bit overwhelming, but the good news is I finished my first essay for this semester. So happy about it… 2 essays to go!
OH MAN. I’m in need of lots of encouragements and prayers. Hehehe.
But I must say, Norway is amazing, I love doing life here.
So far, I would say, I adapted well 🙂
Straight to the post,
I’ve been making this dish for the last couple days for dinner.
The name of the dish is “Thai Basil Chicken”. It tastes soooo good!
This dish is just easy to make, and saves so much time and energy. I promise you it tastes better than Thai take away 🙂
I got the original recipe from Joan Food Wanderings. So, here we go…
Thai Basil Chicken
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time: less than 10 mins
What you will need:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 red paprika, cut into strips
1 tsp dried chili flakes (depends on how spicy you want it)
2 cups fresh basil leaves
For the sauce:
2 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
2-3 tsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
pinch of black pepper
1. Prepare your ingredients and set aside.
2. Also, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, then mix well.
3. Saute the garlic with the crushed chili in olive oil for 1-2 mins on medium heat until it smells fragrant.
4. Add the sliced onion into the pan, cook for 2 mins
5. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is almost done, for around 3-4 mins
6. Add paprika, stir fry for 1 minute.
7. Pour the sauce into the pan, stir again and mix well. Cook for 1-2 mins or until the sauce thickens up a bit.
8. Lastly, add the fresh basil. Stir and mix well until the basil has wilted around for 30 seconds.
9. Remove from the heat and serve with hot rice.
To make the dish perfect, I also added Thai Lime Chili on the side. It goes well together.
Not only for this dish, Thai Lime Chili is also a perfect match with any other Thai dishes.
Warning: It might burn your tongue if you’re not used to spicy food 😀
Thai Lime Chili.
What you need:
1-2 Chili padi, thinly diced (use 3-4 if you are spicy lovers)
2 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tsp lime juice (I use fresh lime)
1 shallot onion, finely diced
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Put all the ingredients together in small bowl
2. Mix Well.
3. Serve on the side with the main dish.
Let me know if you actually try to make this dish 🙂
Thank you for reading